Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Marriage Licenses & Domestic Partnerships

Marriage licenses issued and domestic partnerships registered in Benton County are good throughout the State of Oregon. Marriage License applications are submitted using our Online Application system. The Domestic Partnership form must be signed in front of a notary public prior to submission.

Name change options with Marriages & Domestic Partnerships

You may change your name with a marriage license or domestic partnership; however, options are limited. Names other than the options listed below will require a court ordered legal name change.

  • First Name – No changes (Court ordered ONLY)
  • Middle Name – Can remain the same, be dropped entirely, replaced with your current last name, or add current last name to current middle to create two middle names.
  • Last Name – Can remain the same, can change to spouse/partner’s current last name, or a combination of the two last names with or without a hyphen.
Marriage; Domestic Partnership

Do you plan on petitioning for a court ordered name change?

If you would like that new name reflective on your marriage license and/or domestic partnership you must petition the court prior to applying for a marriage license or registering your domestic partnership. You will need to provide a certified copy of the court order to proceed.

Marriage & Domestic Partnership Fees

Marriage License$52.00
Waiver of 3-Day Waiting Period$25.00
Certified Copies (Each)$4.00
Commemorative Certificate (Extra)$2.00
Domestic Partnership Registration$50.00
Notary Services (Per Signature)10.00

Domestic Partnership
Back to top